What is Spinn?
What can I make with Spinn?
What is Specialty Coffee?
Do I need any special equipment or speciality coffee?
How is Spinn Coffee different from other coffee makers?
What kind of software do I need to use Spinn Coffee?
Can I use the machine without the app?
Can I use the app without the machine?
How do I install the app?
Is it available to download?
Can my entire family use the Spinn Coffee maker?
Can I use the Spinn Coffee maker in my office?
How do I set up a subscription account?
How convenient is it?
Is Spinn Original and Spinn Original Pro easy to use?
What if I don’t know much about coffee?
spinn coffee maker
Does the machine only work with whole beans?
How does the Spinn grind the whole beans?
What is a centrifugal brewer and how does it work?
What are Brewing Parameters?
How does the cleaning of the brewer work?
Centrifugal Brewer Serving Process
- Grinded coffee with the desired grinder grid is suspended into the slowly rotating brewing mixing chamber.
- The coffee grind is divided equally over the meshfilter surface in the mixing chamber ready for optimal extraction.
- Water in the desired volume, pre-infusion and temperature is suspended into the slowly rotating brewer mixing chamber.
- The extraction of the coffee starts when in contact with water without pressure.
The mixture is not yet high enough to flow out of the mixing chamber.
- The mixing chamber rotation increases. The coffee water mixture forms a homogene layer on the meshfilter surface.
- The holes in the permanent filter are so small that the mixture will not flow through the filter right away. This enables to determine the contact time of the mixture at a constant rotating speed that will vary for the different coffee styles.
- The rotation speed increases further and water in the mixture will be pressed by the force against the coffee particles to pass through the meshfilter.
- The extracted coffee pressed through the meshfilter runs through nozzles to create backpressure at high rotation speeds for fine grind espresso style coffees. For drip coffee style the mixing chamber rotates at lower speeds and the nozzles will have no backpressure function which is not neccessary for this coffee style.
- The coffee extraction runs after passing the nozzles into the gutter and flows via the dispensing spout into the cup.
- The rotation speed of the mixing chamber increases further up and all the water is forced out of the coffee residu to make it as dry as possible.
- The rotation speed slows down. The bottom of the mixing chamber opens in downward direction and the coffee scraper ring sweeps during this downward direction along the filter and removes the coffee residu from the mixing chamber into the waste container.
- The rotation speed increases with an open mixing chamber to ensure all coffee residu will be removed.
- The mixing chamber closes and stops rotating. The centrifugal mixing chamber is ready for the next serving.
- In case of serving a caraff of coffee the mixing chamber repeats the servings sequentually.
the water container
How many servings can I make with a full water reservoir?
How much does the water reservoir hold?
How do I know the water container is empty?
How do I fill up the water reservoir?
How can I connect my machine to a water supply line?
How long is the technical life cycle of the Spinn Coffee maker?
the water filter
What does the water filter do?
What are my benefits using the Intenza water filter?
- Improves smell, taste and appearance of your coffee and tea.
- Protection of appliance against limescale build-up.
- Lower return rates.
- Increased lifetime of your machine.
When do I need to replace the water filter?
How can I replace the filter?
Where do I buy the filter?
What is the capacity of the Spinn Original bean reservoir?
What is the capacity of the Spinn Pro bean reservoir?
How do I clean the bean reservoir?
How do I know when to refill the bean reservoir?
Will I damage the machine when the bean reservoir runs out of beans?
How does the automatic ordering work?
How long will the beans stay fresh inside the bean reservoir?
The lid reduces air to enter the reservoir but it does not close the reservoir permanent. Due to this we advise you not to keep beans in the reservoir longer than 2 weeks.
Spinn is designed to bring the freshness out of you whole bean coffee. The hopper holds the average amount of coffee needed for your household use. If you only occasionally use your Spinn Original, consider only filling the Bean Reservoir half way. If you are a coffee lover like us, check out the XL Bean Reservoir on the Spinn Original Pro.
What kind of grinder does Spinn use?
How do I clean the grinder?
How do I order Spinn Grinder Cleaning Pellets?
How do I clean the grinder using Spinn Grinder Pellets?
- Grind all the whole beans to empty the reservoir.
- Switch off the machine.
- Remove the coffee dust on top of the grinder to avoid contamination.
- Add grinder cleaning pellets in the bean reservoir according the prescription.
- Switch on the machine
- Grind until the reservoir is empty using the app.
- Refill the reservoir with fresh roasted whole beans.
- Select the roast in your app and you are all set to go!
Can I use pre-ground coffee?
Where can I buy the descaling pills?
How often do I need to do this?
How do I use the water tester?
How do you descale the machine?
What happens if I forget to descale?
used coffee grounds
Are the used coffee grounds really dry after the brewing process?
How often do I need to empty the used coffee container?
How do I clean the used coffee container?
How do I know the used coffee container is full?
What can I do with the dry coffee grounds?
the drip tray
How do I remove the drip tray?
How do I clean the drip tray?
How do I know the drip tray is full?
the milk frother
How can I heat milk without creating milk froth?
How can I clean the different parts of the milk frother?
Which milk types can I use?
You can use any type of milk you like. However, different types and brands of milk result in different amounts of froth and different froth qualities.
The milk frother is not suitable for heating up chocolate milk. Chocolate milk contains sugar and when this is heated, it causes caramelized sugar to coat the inside of the frother, which may cause malfunctions.
Tip: For the best result, we advise you to use fresh semi-skimmed or full-fat cow’s milk at refrigerator temperature, between 5-8ºC.
Note: Different types and brands of milk will result in different amounts of froth and different froth qualities. Rice and soy milk, for example, do not produce high-quality frothed milk.
How can I make several beverages with hot milk or milk foam in a row?
Does the Milk frother connect via WiFi or Bluetooth?
How do I control the milk frother?
What should I avoid when using the milk frother?
- Do not immerse the base and the jug in water or any other liquid.
- Do not put the base and jug in the dishwasher.
- Never use scouring pads, abrasive cleaning agents or aggressive liquids to clean the appliance.